Hiring your vendors-Basic Tips
|christopher belle photography|
Here are a few tips when searching for vendors.
- READ, READ, READ EVERYTHING!! This is mistake number 1,2,3,4 and 5.
- Do your research. Learn about average pricing for not only venues but also the extra items such as draping, updated chairs, etc.
- After your research, then decide what your budget is going to be
- Everything that is promised to you, get it in writing
- Do not be afraid to ask questions
- Trust the vendors that you hire. Let us do our job!
- When visiting vendors, make sure you have your color swatches and basic ideas of what you like
- Be realistic about what you want and what you can afford. It is not the vendor’s jobs to give you deals because you budget doesn’t allow you to afford what you want.
- The more guest you have, the more your catering bill and higher your budget.
- The bigger your wedding party, the bigger your budget. Remember, you have to buy more bouquets, boutonnieres, wedding party gifts, rehearsal dinner, etc.
- Do not feel pressured to have an open bar
- Pick your wedding party wisely. Do you really want all those men or women in our forever memories?
- Take a break from time to time. Wedding planning is stressful so take a break.
- Trust your gut!